1. The economy-tight structure in attack and defense (attack: the alive leads / defense: sticking hands).
2. The versatile and "artless-artful," "total" kicking and striking weapons.
3. The broken rhythm, the half-beat and the one or ¾ beat (JKD's rhythm in attack and counter).
4. Weight training and scientific supplementary training plus all-around fitness.
5. The "JKD direct movement" in attacks and counters - throwing from where it is without repositioning.
6. The shifty body and light footwork.
7. The "un-crispy" stuff and unassuming attacking tactics.
8. Strong in-fighting:
a. shifty blasting
9. All-out sparring and the actual contact training on moving targets.
10. The sturdy tools through continuous sharpening.
11. Individual expression rather than mass product; aliveness rather than classicalism (true relationship).
12. Total rather than partial in structure.
13. The training of "continuity of expressive self" behind physical movements.
14. Loose power and powerful thrust-drive as a whole. A springy looseness but not a physically lax body. Also, a pliable mental awareness.
15. The constant flow (straight movement and curved movement combined - up and down, curved left and right, sidesteps, bobbing and weaving, hand
16. Well-balanced posture of exertion during movement, constantly. Continuity between near all-out and near all-loose.